Please also read SB Tax’s Terms of Business (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which we provide the Services.
Our legal bases for processing
- As necessary to perform the Terms and to provide our Services:
- Further to your consent where you have given it, and which you may revoke at any time;
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise and defend legal claims; and
- Where necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Exceptionally, in infrequent and highly specific situations, we may also rely on the following bases:
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others; and
- Where necessary in the public interest.
Our legitimate interests
In certain cases, we use your information to pursue our and others’ legitimate interests, such as the following:
- Providing and improving our services: We use your information to provide the Services as detailed in the Terms. We do so as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing tailored solutions to our clients.
- Marketing: When we market our Services to you as a client of our services or as a business context, we use your information to contact you.
Information we collect
In the course of providing the Services, we collect or receive information, which we use for the purposes described further below.
- Engagement: You provide us with information about you in the context of your relationship with us and your use of our Services, at the initiation of our relationship and during the performance of the engagement. For example, you may provide us with information about your identity, your corporate structure and your business.
- Support: You may choose to provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including how to contact you so we can provide you client support as specified in the Terms. For example, you may specify the individual(s) with whom we should correspond.
- Third parties: We receive information from other third parties, which may include information about you. For example, we may receive information from the Revenue Commissioners and other regulatory authorities and public bodies.
How we use your information
We use the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. We use the information we have about you in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services, for example consulting or tax services;
- Maintaining and using relevant IT systems, in particular systems which we use to enable us deliver the Services;
- Quality and risk management reviews, undertaken either by our regulators or internally by us for compliance services;
- Communicating with you, including providing information about us and our range of services; and
- Complying with any requirement of law, regulation, or a professional body of which we are a member.
Information we share
- Third-party service providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with service providers to provide our infrastructure and other systems, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services.
- Legal purposes: We may also collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to : (a) respond, based on applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any applicable terms and policies; (c) detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, safety of our clients or others.
In certain cases, we transfer your information the European Economic Area (EEA) in connection with the provision of the Services. We take steps to ensure that any such transfers are to a recipient who (i) is located in a country that the European Commission deems to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data, or (ii) is subject to an agreement, derogation or other legal act which allows for the lawful transfer of personal data outside the EEA, such as the European Commission standard contractual clauses or the EU-US Privacy Shield. In certain instances, we may carry out such transfers where necessary to perform the Terms and provide the Services.
You can exercise your right to access your information by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In certain cases, you can ask us to rectify, update, restrict or delete your information by submitting a written request to email@example.com.
If we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing, or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your data for direct marketing purposes, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or SB Tax’s supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
If you use our website (www.sbtaxconsultants.com), your use will be in accordance with the website Privacy Statement, as well as our Cookies Policy, both of which are available for review at www.sbtaxconsultants.com.
Updates to our policy
Cookies store small pieces of information on your computer (with your permission) when you browse our website, so that we can provide you with the best experience. These are the cookies we use.
Web Analytics Cookies
We use web analytics cookies to gather information on how visitors browse our website, including most popular web pages and how long visitors spend on the site. This information is used to help us understand what you like and don’t like, so we can constantly improve. We cannot see individual browser behaviour, so all information cannot be tracked back to you.
Sessions cookies are cookies that are deleted as soon as you close your browsing session on our website, and ensure you don’t get asked the same question twice. They remember if you have entered a promotional code, changed any browser settings and if you have already entered information like your shipping or billing address.
No Private Information is Stored
Remember, our cookies don’t store information that can identify you, so no one will be able to contact you by phone, email or in any other way. Tracking is limited to the SB Tax Consultants site and never gets shared with anyone else.
How to Block Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse them. Please note, if you block all cookies you may not be able to access all of the site, and you might not be able to shop with us.
Your privacy is important to us. We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.